Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 November 2010

home-made bed!

I'm appalling at woodwork. I just can't do it! However, I REALLY, and I mean really. wanted to make my own bed for my new little dolls house (which is still really a kit....although a few pieces have been put together! - it's a greenleaf Buttercup kit) I want to make (or do-up and make over!) as much as possible for this house. So.....on the way back from Belfast, we were delayed, so went for coffee in Starbucks, or some other over priced coffee joint, and of course they had those little wooden stirrer sticks, so I pocketed about 50 of them haha! You know what we need.....a few more stirry sticks....
Anyway, then I set about making my bed, no plans, no drawings no nothing, just from my head! All made from stirry sticks, with 5 little strips of balsa wood for the slats.No saws or other wood working tools either! Just massive scissors and glue!
Anyway, here is is in plain naked wood when first complete! I am really pleased with it!
I've painted it white now! Will post an updated pic when I get time.

There is one problem.....it is pretty standard 1/12th scale double bed sized, approx sizes and dimensions checked from DHE catalogue....... but it it a little big! And I do not think will fit in the upstairs of my little butterleaf cottage (not that I'v made it yet....but so far, its not looking good!) when complete. So.....dilemma, start again and make another??!?! Surely not..... or adapt the Buttercup dolls house kit to slight extend the upstairs so that the bed fits....or seems to fit.... this is what I'm considering anyway.
Well.....hope you like?!

No comments:

Post a Comment