Search This Blog

Sunday 7 November 2010

distressed furniture

Well, the bed is complete and painted white now. I didn't want to 'distress' it too much or make it look too shabby, so I hope it just has that old and not quite perfect look, rather than anything else. I've made a quick matress, but this might change, Not going to complete the rest until I have a finished house to put it in!

I also bought a really cheap pine coloured wooden dresser off ebay. It cost 80p, and £2 to post. It had cupboard doors on the bottom but they didn't meet in the middle, so I took them off. I painted and 'distressed' the whole thing and added mesh to the top cupboard doors, and a new shelf to the bottom part. I'm quite pleased with it. This will be a nice addition to the kitchen downstairs in my Buttercup cottage (when it is completed.......)

1 comment:

  1. Hola, te está quedando muy bonito, me encanta el shabby, saludos, Núria

    ReplyDelete