Search This Blog

Saturday 9 October 2010

mini makes....

I've mainly been experimenting with the best way to make miniature jam for some absolutely tiny 1cm tall glass jars I had. I've tried all sorts and not perfected it yet...but here are 2 tiny, tiny jars of Strawberry jam (the photo is not brilliant even using super macro on my camera!) Blackberry jam is next on the menu.....

Also, another dead pheasant (perfect for a tudor or victorian kitcchen scene!) He's the third I've made for sale. And is on Ebay now. I had offered him to someone on DHE blog, but they don't want him.
 And, my first attempt at making some of those vintage enamel looking jugs that everyone has been making from paper (care of marlies and minies I believe!) Not bad for a first try, but I'm going to keep practicing and make some in dif colours etc.

4 comments:

  1. love the new jam jars.. i'd love a set of them in my dolls kitchen .. what fabric did u use for the lids , looks really authentic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natasha
    The fabric is very thin, fine cotton stuff I've had for ages. In fact I think it might have once been a sling for a poorly arm! The tatty lid is just the fabric as it is, the neater one I covered the bottom side of the circle of fabric in pva first and let it dry. That stopped it fraying and getting tatty when I tied it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me gustan mucho tus miniaturas,felicidades:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. merche arago cruz:
    muchas gracias! Gracias por venir!

    ReplyDelete